MARK 8:14-21 (NKJV)
14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, and they did not have more than one loaf with them in the boat. 15 Then He charged them, saying, “Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.” 16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have no bread.” 17 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened?
18 Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?” They said to Him, “Twelve. 20 “Also, when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of fragments did you take up?” And they said, “Seven.” 21 So He said to them, “How is it you do not understand?”
REASON / DISCUSS
- Imaginations, Speculations,
- Highly things that had been raised up against the knowledge of God .
- REASONING that is at war with the Word of God
- CONSIDERING and DWELLING on a reality that violates how GOD think and what HE design you to do in your life.
2 CORINTHIANS 10:3-5 (NKJV)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
- A walled city made of huge stone, wherein a battalion of army can hide within, to rest and from there they will do exploits.
- IN THE MIND: “Things” that war against the knowledge of GOD.
- It’s where the enemy inhabits, conceal and safely hides … from there he do his tactics and works to kill, steal and destroy.
- We can’t afford to entertain thoughts about us, that GOD doesn’t think about us.
- The moment we entertain a lies in our thoughts, dwell and fed contrary to HIS words over us, we WAR AGAINST the very PURPOSE of GOD in our lives.
- The MIND set on the FLESH is DEATH, it cannot obey GOD. The MIND CONTRARY to the PURPOSE of GOD actually sets it up for failure, sets it up to be incapable of doing the very command and directions that God is giving us.
- When we first get save GOD deals with us on what we think about, (things that were exposed about — about hatred, greed, lust or envy etc.)
- God is as well interested in the PROCESS OF OUR THINKING … the WAY we THINK, the way we VIEW THINGS around us
WHY DO YOU REASON?
JESUS Challenge His Disciples:
- Why don’t you change the way you think because you already saw My nature?
MIRACLES OF GOD are not temporary intervention . They are REVELATIONS of the NATURE OF OUR GOD, the One who makes Covenant with HIS Children
- What God is doing is HE is revealing His nature to them , He is not just revealing an act of God.
ISRAEL was acquainted with the “ACTS OF GOD” MOSES was acquainted with “HIS WAYS”
- MOSES took the “ACTS of GOD” and got acquainted with HIS NATURE and makes covenant with GOD, that is why he was stable during the shifting of their journey and Israel was not.
WHY DO YOU REASON?
- Are you going to let the absence of an immediate breakthrough change your revelation of God’s nature ?
- Are you going to allow your perception of who He is as you have seen change ?
- Every lie that you and I believe is actually comes from the demonic realm that the enemy wants to put in competition to what God says to be true.
- What makes the LIE in competition against the Knowledge of God … what makes it powerful ? It’s our YES … OUR VOTE to believe a LIE is what makes it powerful.
IS YOUR HEART STILL HARDENED ?
The disciples saw the miracle of provision and yet they are fearful of not having enough.
LESSON : Whenever we’ve seen the miracle of provision, we lost the right to begin any thought process of what we don’t have …
Every time there’s a MIRACLE GOD reveals HIS NATURE , and that nature always carries the invitation for ENCOUNTER, for making COVENANT with the God who never fails.
EPHESIANS 6:10-13 (NKJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
EPHESIANS 6:14-17 (NKJV)
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
- HELMET OF SALVATION… think safe, the helmet of salvation protects the mind
- BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS … your vitals are protected by the righteousness of God Himself
- BELT OF TRUTH … the fact that we’re firmly established of the truth of the Gospel .
- OUR FEET COVERED with the preparation of the GOSPEL of PEACE … you are in position in the ground and in opposition you couldn’t be driven back because you are stable in your footing… every believer is fighting from the Victory of Christ towards an expressed victory in the earth
- THE SHIELD OF FAITH is use to quench the fiery Darts of the enemy.
- THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT which is the WORD OF GOD ..
The tool of the enemy is the fiery darts (suggestions to you and the target is the mind, your thought processes that is exalted against to what is to be true)
What happens when you’re hit by the fiery darts, It passes the Shield of Faith … realize the sword was not a long sword (a small Roman Dagger) that was use to dig arrows out of themselves …. So when an arrow get pass the shield of Faith and gets you, You take the word of God to minister to yourself
We will PROCLAIM the WORD OF GOD with POWER because we had an ENCOUNTER with GOD and a REVELATION of HIS NATURE …
If you have only ENCOUNTER with the printed page, you become equipped enough to debate with people who disagree, but when you have an ENCOUNTER with the PERSON, we walk away it but with supreme value for people, with nothing but affection, love and devotion for people not compromising truth but realizing LOVE is what changes a life.